The Institute on Dynamics of Explosions and Reactive Systems is seeking preliminary expressions of interest in hosting the 24th ICDERS Meeting during the last week of July or the first week of August, 2013. The meeting is held bi-annually and is an internationally recognized forum for presenting recent, unpublished results on the dynamics of energetic systems. Recent meeting locations are Seattle, USA (2001), Hakone, Japan (2003), Montreal, Canada (2005), Poitiers, France (2007), Minsk, Balarus (2009), and Irvine, California (2011).
Proposal submission schedule:
Call for Proposals to host
The 24rd International Colloquium on Dynamics of Explosions
and Reactive Systems (ICDERS) in 2013
January 31, 2011 - Deadline to submit brief, preliminary expression of interest to host the colloquium.
February 28, 2011 - Notification of response from the Site Selection Committee and invitation to submit a full proposal.
May 31, 2011 - Deadline for submission of full proposal to host the colloquium.
July 24-29, 2011 - Presentation of the full proposal to the meeting of the Board of Directors of IDERS at the ICDERS Meeting in Irvine, California. A decision on the site to host ICDERS 2013 is anticipated at that meeting.
In preparing the preliminary proposal please consider the following factors that will be used to evaluate the host locations:
Expressions of interest and questions about the details of hosting the colloquium should be sent to Prof. Derek Dunn-Rankin at email@example.com - Download a (PDF) version of this call.
- Local scientific staff committed to supporting the colloquium
- Appropriate venues to host approximately 350 attendees with three parallel sessions over five days
- Availability of nearby hotels and restaurants
- Attractive venues for an opening reception (Sunday), banquet (Thursday) and closing reception (Friday noon)
- Preliminary colloquium budget, including anticipated registration fee.